This course has been designed for both horse owners and those who are already practising as therapists in the industry, to give them an additional tool set. We do also have a number of other students join us who just wish to enhance their knowledge or help their horses as well as vets, physiotherapists and chiropractors.
The aim of the certificate is to provide therapists, those wanting to become therapists, or general horseowners, with the latest tools and techniques of the trade, as well as essential anatomical, evaluational and traditional chinese medicine theory.
The program contains a large amount of theory and self guided study, with a practical intensive and one on one guidance.
Our commitment is to developing practitioners with high quality skills in the field of equine sports therapy, and developing therapists that not only have good technique and feel, but also a wealth of background knowledge on anatomy, biomechanics, conformation and exercise physiology.
Photonic Therapy involves the application of light to the skin in a safe, natural, non-invasive way to promote healing and control pain and much much more.
Photonic therapy works because the body’s tissue can absorb this type of light at a cellular level, converting it to cellular energy (known as ATP).
- Reduces pain and swelling
- Increases lymphatic activity
- Strengthens the immune system
- Accelerates cell regeneration
- Increases circulation
- Relaxes muscles
- Increases anti-viral properties
- Encourages collagen production
- Regulates serotonin levels
This course is a combination of theory and practical that will teach you how to use Photonic Therapy in conjunction with other therapies or as a stand alone treatment.
What we cover
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Evaluating & Palpating
- Introduction to photonic therapy
- Detailed sets of meridians and acupoints
- Application and use of torches and pads
- How to address specific issues and common conditions
- Different wavelengths of light
- Professional Practice & Clinical Reasoning
What you receive
- Online Digital Chalk account with your 5 theory modules
- Each theory module contains manuals, additional reading materials, slideshows, videos, audios and more
- Detailed print manual
- Muscle charts
- Access to our secret facebook community of tutors, lecturers, graduates and students
- Unlimited support from your lecturer and course director
On completion of the externship you will receive
- An Internationally recognised Certificate in Photonic Therapy for Horses
- Ability to join the associations of Equine Therapies Association of Australia & the International Institute of Complimentary Therapies
- Ability to gain insurance as an equine therapist
- Graduate listing in our online directory
- Lifetime membership to our Equestricare community
The only prerequisite for this course is experience with horses and general horse handling skills.
To graduate students must undertake all course hours, assignments and quizzes in each module, plus case studies.
This course offers combined delivery options of self guided and guided study via distance and online education as well as a 3 day practical intensive. There is 12months for the completion of the course
We are very flexible with our training options, so if you have any questions at all please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org